Monday, October 6, 2008

Just believe

I coach gymnastics. I love my girls. One thing I find true with many of them is their lack of self-belief.

As a coach you can tell them over and over again that they can do it. That you believe in them - that they are great at what they do.

BUT, if they don't believe it themselves... they'll often times fail at their attempts to complete a trick or a routine.

I know that I would never ask a gymnast of mine to do something that I didn't think they could already do. However, I can't tell you how many times I've run into a situation that the gymnast couldn't do something I've asked her to do simply because of her own lack of belief.

SO how many times do we do this to ourselves? How often do you find yourself lacking any belief of your own - that you can truly do something? Whether it be making that difficult call to a client or a boss? Or stepping out to network with a complete stranger? Or even tying up the laces on your running shoes so that you can take that mile run you've been saying you want to do? Or what about --- telling yourself that you look great... even if the scale doesn't say exactly what you want it to?

I believe that when we ourselves can truly believe in ourselves... the world is ours - the possibilities are endless.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Purrfect Polkadot said...

Congrats on starting your blog! I am also a busy mom who is a gymnastics coach and my site is www.sportsgirlsplay.com. If you'd ever like to do some guest writing at my site let me know!

Desiree said...

Wow! You are an amazing person! I really truly love your inspiring post! I want to make it into a tee-shirt or post it in a book mark!On the wall! Where I can daily look forward to the inspiring words. Thanks girl! Your awsome, you made my day without even knowing it!