Monday, October 20, 2008

Cheerleaders for the soul

Accolades: 1. An expression of approval; praise. 2. A special acknowledgment; an award.

I love accolades, I can't lie. And deep down doesn't just about everyone? Accolades keep the motivation strong. Are you getting your daily dose in?

Not that everything you do should require praise, but I believe that along life's journey we do need some encouragement. Let's face it, life is hard - why go at it alone?

Who are the people that are in your life at the current moment? Do they encourage you or do they bring your spirit down? It may be time to re-evaluate the people you have allowed in your life.

You know who I'm talking about. There are people that encourage you to be the very best person that you can be - they make you feel like you can do just about anything. Their positivity and belief in you, allows you to give more to others in return.

Then there are people that you know just want to watch you fail at what you are doing. They're waiting and watching. Though they may never voice it - you can feel it. You know it's there. You don't need them. They suck every thing out of you, making yourself feel empty and exhausted. Is having this kind of person in your life worth it?

Now think about those people that are in your life currently. Who are they?

Are you blessed to have encouraging people as a part of your life? Even if you only have one person in your life that brings encouragement... that's a start. That person is worth gold! That one person can make you feel alive and filled.

If you haven't found that person... perhaps it's time that you reach out and begin to be an encouragement to others. It will come back to you, I promise. Positive people attract positive people. Take a look at your friend inventory - begin to ask yourself, "Does this person bring positive light to our friendship or negative?" If the answer's negative, ask yourself, "Is it worth holding on to this friendship?"

Life is short. Don't waste it on negativity and bad energy. Allow yourself to be filled with positivity. After all - you're definitely worth it!

Until next time - I'll be cheering for YOU!!!

4 comments:

Starshine said...

That is an awesome blog Shauna. You are definately a positive in my life. I hope I'm a positive in your life too. I do believe that you need to take out the suckers in your life. I agree. I also think that we all go through bad stuff and we need to be there for each other in those bad times. That's when you find out who your true friends and real cheerleaders for your soul really are. If we can lift up our friends going through a bad time God will bless us. But definately take out those who are just waiting and watching you when you fail and revel in your failures. Those are not true friends and should rightfully be taken out of our lives. God bless you Shauna and Thank you for being a Cheerleader for my soul.

Unknown said...

Thanks Deb! I'm glad we've reconnected...after all these years - wow. God is good!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post and a great reminder and something I needed to read today! (Hope you don't mind, I am linking to it on my blog)....

Unknown said...

I'm glad it was an encouragement to you. Thanks for stopping by! Now off to check out your blog...