Friday, April 19, 2013

More injuries

I've been doing CrossFit for over 2 years now. I love it. CrossFit is what saved me from my workout lull. It gave my life excitement again and a desire for competition and to make myself a better athlete. Within the first 6 months of CrossFit I set a goal to do a competition. I hadn't set a date, I definitely wanted to get into better shape, and I wanted to feel ready.

Now 2 years later, the 5 friends I started CrossFitting with have gone down to 2. So many people I've talked to about CrossFit have talked about injuries and quitting. I never want to quit CrossFit... I love it. However, in the last 11 months I've had 3 serious injuries that have set me back quite a bit. My strength has diminished (although I know that I can get that back), and my cardio is nothing like it used to be, and my desire to work out has grown a bit dim. 2 back injuries that have put me out for 3 months each time and now a hip injury that's had me out for 3 weeks now. I am depressed...just a bit. I feel old. This sucks. My husband said to me a few days ago, "maybe CrossFit isn't for you anymore." BUT I'm just not ready to hang up the shoes. I'll modify for sure, but even so --- I'll be sad thinking that I might never get to do a competition because I'm broken. Argh.

I know this sounds so stupid, but CrossFit gave me life. And lately I've been feeling so - lifeless. I miss my CrossFit Crew, and I miss throwing around heavy weight and doing crazy body weight exercises. Hoping and praying that I heal quickly and that this is not my moment to say "I'm done" with what I love so much.

0 comments: